Sunday, June 6, 2010

Between Two Lungs

So, I am now entrenched in Ohio. But to Back up a Little. I graduated with the most amazing people who I absolutely dreaded saying good bye to. So I have Received my BFA in Technical Theater:Stage Management and now have the ability to conquer the world!
Right now I am on one of my Days off from Weathervane sitting in housing and I am so amazingly sick. My throat was sore and my voice has been going in and out but today I can't breath and have spent all morning hacking.Summerstock:where everything hits you fast. So this is what has happened in the past 2 weeks, it is a little amazing, be warned.

Graduated in a Low Key and strange ceremony on Friday May 21st with the TRIUMVIRATE, Austin (my foodie Friend), Beth (the most amazing roommate and Sister ever!) and Even Elliott walked out with us and wore a mortar for a hot second. Said Goodbye to some people and had a nice Dinner with the parents and Man Friend. Then I packed my car and drove 8 hours to Ohio.

The drive was fine except at 4:30am when I got a flat tire 30 min from Granville and called one of my friends for help. My friend from Weathervane drove out and changed my tire for me, he is a savior!

Then Weathervane started, I unpacked my car, kinda, moved in, kinda, took a shower and went to get a new tire and then rehearsal. All of the above happened in 48 hours and I did not sleep at all!

I started to go loopy in MY FAIR LADY rehearsal that day from lack of sleep and I think I was a frightening sight. The next day it was on to full rehearsal for MY FAIR LADY and then we started Tech Monday, Dress rehearsal on Tuesday, and IDR on Wednesday, where we had a Tornado watch and had to hold she show and evacuate into the Children's Theater! Luckily we did not get hit with a tornado but it was still crazy.

The Next day was the Opening of MY FAIR LADY and the first day of rehearsal of THE MIRACLE WORKER. So now we perform MFL at night after day rehearsal for Miracle Worker, Summerstock is ricid and amazing. Every 14 days we open a new show, Take that 3 month long TheaterVCU rehearsal, you were stupid and uncalled for.

So I have yet to hear from the D.C. Cattle Call but people who get jobs from it last summer said that this was normal, that mid July I should be getting some things. Also I just had another part of the country maybe open up to me for work and play so I will look into that. I actually feel like I could go anywhere right now and that I should just make insane decisions and go for it becasue when else am I gonna get this chance to do whatever I want to do. It is Crazy time, not to be confused with Crazy Town who is a dirty hooker woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment